The idea of this blog is to keep track of positive parts of my life that I'm thankful for, but in order to get to what I'm thankful for today, I need to give a not so positive back story. Whether you asked or not, here is my opinion on commuting, specifically today's post-work commute.
Okay, I'm done rambling and complaining now. On to what I'm thankful for in reaction to this incident: my sunglasses and book,
The Help. I was in so much pain that my face kept contorting in to weird expressions, and I was seriously concerned I was going to break out in to tears at any moment. Thankfully, I had just flipped my sunglasses on to my head when I got on the train, so I quickly flipped them back over my eyes to save fellow commuters from having to see me on the verge of tears.
The sunglasses helped cover my tearful eyes, but it was my book, The Help, that really kept me sane on my way home. Of course the woman stepped on me only 2 stops in to the commute, so I had a ways to go with my newly injured foot. I'm finally hooked on the book and had been dying to read it all day, so after I got over the original shock, I opened it and began reading. It helped me take my mind off how much pain I was in and whether or not I was going to be able to walk home. Thankfully, I was able to walk home, and now plan on taking complete advantage of my situation and sit on the couch reading all evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment