Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 23: Emails from Friends

I try to check my email once a day at work and am always excited when I see an email from Natalie in my inbox. There's always something in it that makes me laugh out loud and brightens my day.

Anyone who has spent 5 minutes with Natalie & me knows we are literally 2 peas in a pod and the best of friends. We are almost constantly in contact via email, Facebook, text & calls, but it's still strange during situations like this summer and probably at least the next year when we don't really get to hang out. Since we don't get to see each other as often we would like, it's always a fun surprise to receive an email with her random thoughts or a fun link when at work.

Within the past week I've received emails with a recipe for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Larabars, a recipe for Guinness chocolate brownies (in Italian of course), a website to organize what books you've read and want to read, a funny story from her workplace, and a Facebook post with a piadina recipe (again in Italian). Gotta love technology to help you stay connected & a smile thanks to a message from a friend :)

Nat & I at her sister's wedding reception.

1 comment:

  1. You should add me on goodreads if you make an account. I always forget about that website, but it's one of those that's fun to rediscover each time, peruse, and update.

    http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/1921388

    ReplyDelete