Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 20: Finding Fun Doors in Chicago

My hobby while abroad was finding fun doors and windows to take photos of and would sometimes get made fun of by people who didn't know what I was doing. I would randomly cross streets or even stand in the middle of the street to get the perfect angle and distance but didn't really care because I knew what I was doing and didn't really care if others thought I was crazy. One of my favorite souvenirs from abroad is my album of door photos and hope to make a collage of them on a future apartment wall.

Across from my apartment in Verona
Mantova, Italy
Mykonos, Greece
I sometimes miss searching out doors to photograph, but realized this weekend that although I do think Europeans have a greater appreciation and pride in their doors, there are also great ones to be found here. I found two fun ones yesterday, and hope to start searching out more this week and in weeks to come.

On the Tribune Tower
Just off the Addison Red Line stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment