Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 4: Feathers

I've been wanting to a haircut at a fun, Chicago salon for a while but was scared of how much it would cost. Thankfully, YouSwoop read my mind and offered a haircut and deep conditioning treatment at a new salon, Mera, for just $25! I was so excited that I literally read the email, bought the deal and made an appointment all within 20 minutes.

When I went in for my highly anticipated appointment today, I was pleased to find the salon run by two young, blonde sisters. I told the sister cutting my hair that I wanted to keep it as long as possible and didn't want bangs, but other than that, she could do whatever she wanted. While she was analyzing and deciding what to do, I noticed her sister's feather hair extensions. Kati & Natalie have both been telling me about how much they want feathers, but I was still a little leery of the whole idea. That was until I saw the salon owner's and absolutely loved them. I soon began seriously debating if I wanted them and what colors I would want. 

I'm definitely no Kesha, so I was a little unsure of pulling it off.
I started asking more and more questions, so the stylist got out the actual feathers for me to see. After looking at them for a bit and asking a few more questions (I'm sure she was so annoyed by all my questions...what can I say, I'm a curious person), I decided I wanted to take the plunge and get them. Next thing I knew we were choosing colors and evaluating which feathers would look best in my hair. I'm extremely picky, especially when it comes to my hair, so the process took a while, but we finally decided on three. 

Leaving the salon, I felt refreshed and sassy with my soft hair, fresh cut, and of course my feathers. There was definitely an extra skip in my step when I left, and I couldn't wait to tell Kati & Nat about them and to get home to show my aunt. I'm sure my family will have an opinion about them tomorrow, but I love them. They may just be three feathers, but I feel spunky and adventurous with them. 


A part of me wants to move them so they're all right next to eachother,
but that's the beauty of them, you can just go back to the salon
to move them or even take them out of if you don't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment