Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 28: Yoga

Just 6 months ago I remember struggling to get through a yoga workout on ExerciseTV and seriously questioning how anyone found it relaxing, but lately, I completely understand. Stress and anxiety has been building up in me the past few days and weeks, and one of the few things I’ve found to relieve that stress and anxiety is yoga. The few classes I took at a real studio really helped me learn the names of the positions and the flow of a normal class which has extremely helped me make it through workouts on my own now. I wish I had the money to continue attending classes at the studio, but the reality is that I just can’t afford it at this time.

Focusing on my breathing and working through the positions in the mornings helps me start each morning fresh and gives me strength, helping me stay alert and happy throughout the day. I used to get this same feeling from running in the mornings, and still do sometimes, but after my injury from the half, the gentler yoga workout is currently my favorite way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment