Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 30: Living With My Aunt

Now that my summer is coming to an end, I'm really taking in and appreciating how fortunate I am to have been able to live in Chicago with my Aunt all summer. In my family, Aunt Mary's condo is jokingly referred to as "the Campion niece launching pad" because three of us have lived with her almost straight after graduating from college. Thanks to my Aunt's hospitality, I am proud to to be a part of the Campion niece real-life launching process and to have called Chicago home for the summer.

Not only was I not paying rent while still having a room and bathroom all to myself, but I also had someone to live with that I knew wouldn't judge me and was always genuinely happy to see me. On the weekends we would go grocery shopping, run errands together and even do some fun shopping when time and the budget allowed. I got the mail and took care of the garden when she would travel and got to enjoy living in a great apartment with an ideal location.

Last night I was especially thankful for multiple reasons. First, I needed groceries but was so exhausted I could hardly imagine walking home afterwards. Thankfully, I emailed her early in the day asking if we could hit up Whole Foods that evening. When she got home, we comfortably drove there and back so I was able to get my delicious groceries.

After our grocery run, I talked to her about my job situation (or lack of one) after next Friday. She listened to me with a caring ear and helped me look for jobs while we watched the season premiere of Project Runway. I have no idea when I will find my first "big-girl job," (hopefully soon!) but until then I'm thankful to have had a place to stay and someone to hang out with all summer.

Thanks Aunt Mary!

Of course we have the only colored door in the building :)

No comments:

Post a Comment