Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 27: The Dragonfly

After enjoying yet another gorgeous lunch on the river (even if it did smell bad from the storm this weekend), Shannon, Ayo & I were walking back to work and a dragonfly landed on me. At first, I didn’t move because I didn’t want to scare it away, but once I realized he was pretty comfortable resting on my shirt, we continued on our way back to the office.

It's hard to see, but he's on the front, left side of my shirt.
A little easier to see.
I have never had a dragonfly or butterfly land on me like that before, and it gave me a strange sense of calm. This dragonfly felt I was safe enough to land on and enjoy a stroll around downtown with. It was as if he recognized a tranquility and peace in me that I had not even fully realized. I already felt pretty happy about the whole situation, then Shannon told me it was good luck to have a dragonfly land on you. Since I had just freaked out about 20 minutes before about jobs, I felt this was a sign to take a deep breath and relax.

I haven’t figured everything out, but I certainly did come to a few conclusions yesterday evening. Who knows if the dragonfly had anything to do with it, but I do love when nature reminds you to slow down and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment