Happy 100th post to my blog!
Honestly, I never imagined this blog lasting as long as it has. I began it as a procrastination and stress relief tool during finals week of first semester, and somehow, I stuck with it. Sometimes I'm good at sticking with things, but other times, I'm really quite horrible at it.
Half marathon training? Good, but mainly because someone was training with me. I can't seem to get the motivation to run more than once a week now...
Journaling? Great throughout high school and part of college, but not so great now.
All those clubs I made as a child? Each idea was the greatest idea ever...for about a day, then there was a new amazing idea the next day.
Learning to play guitar? Lasted about 5 chords & 2 songs...aka a month
I am, however, a very loyal person and once I commit to something, I'm very devoted. I love being a loyal friend, daughter, sister, cousin, etc...but this blog is somewhere I can be loyal to myself. It allows me to take a bit of time each day for myself to think of what I am thankful for, to write, and to have fun with my photos. My Piece of Sunshine allows me a space to be creative while also helping me slow down and appreciate my life.
As much as I do love the blog, there are a few things I hope to change sometime in the near (or not so near) future.
- I realized while checking my blog on a PC the other day that my header doesn't appear the same on all computers. I took a bit of HTML a few years ago and thought I had set it correctly, but I need to look in to this more so it appears the same on all computers.
- My blurry photos. Sometimes I forget how blurry my photos are until I check some of my other favorite blogs, and then it becomes blatantly obvious. Sadly, this may be a not so near future change because I'll need to save up for one of these bad boys. I've saved up a few times for an SLR camera, but also found a different place to use the money before I actually got around to purchasing it. It's on the "list of things to buy once I get a big girl job," but so is an iPhone, a Kindle & obviously paying rent on an apartment. Oh well, someday I won't have blurry photos.
- A more scheduled theme for each day. Kati has recently given her blog more solidified themes for the days of the week, and I really like it. After my second month of straight posts, I may switch to that format more. I'm not sure what themes I'll chose, but I have about a week to think about it.
- Make it a more sophisticated site with tabs for "About Me" and organizing posts. This may be another not so near future idea, but I'll look in to it.
- Writing workshops or classes. Hopefully I'll be able to find something free, but I really enjoy writing and would like to take a few workshops or classes to get more ideas for writing and to develop ideas I already have.
I'll look in to each of my ideas, but for now, I'm thankful for sticking with something I love & making it to my 100th post.
Blurry, but big smiles for my 100th blog post!

While the SLR may have to wait until you get a "big girl job," the iPhone does not. They sell the 3GS version for $50. I'm sure you could scrape together $50 with the money you're saving on rent.
ReplyDeleteI constantly read your blog and never comment but I have a few today. First off, I love how our "things to buy" list is exactly the same..for real. When I get my job I bought my iPhone, now I'm saving for a Kindle and close to that exact same camera. We are the same person. Also, your comment about being a loyal friend is dead on and I believe it is one of your most beautiful traits.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on you 100th post!
Love,
Clare