The city-sized sauna that is Chicago right now makes me want to do nothing more than sit the the AC all day reading and eat frozen fruit for every meal. Sadly, I have to venture outside each day to head to work, but I do get to enjoy the AC all day in the office (the best air vent is right next to my desk!), and I've been eating as much frozen fruit as possible.
I found some strawberries in the fridge that had been forgotten about and were pretty squishy and starting to brown, but the frugal, strawberry-loving part of me just couldn't throw them away. I decided to try freezing them and hoped they would taste fine. Thankfully, they tasted great & I had pureed frozen strawberries on my yogurt for breakfast. It was extremely delicious and kind of felt like I was eating a strawberry margarita for breakfast. I'd consider that a pretty great start to the day :)
(can't get my pics to upload....so pics coming soon)
No comments:
Post a Comment