I always think taking the time to cook extra food on the weekends is a great idea, but I usually end up being too tired or interested in doing other activities to actually following through on it. Last night though, I finally followed through and made food for lunches this week. I stove-grilled up a chipotle salmon burger, a balsamic marinated portobello mushroom, some zucchini & red pepper then also made some quinoa. Ultimately, it didn't really take very long to prepare it all, and I now have delicious food for lunch all week with virtually no prep in the mornings. Today for lunch, I had my salmon burger with some veggies that completely hit the spot, especially since I got to enjoy it with the other intern, Shannon, and my friend Ayo on the river.
Note to self: Even if you're tired, it will be worth taking the time to prepare food for the week. You're lunch time stomach will thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment